Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My next few nights...

This is how I will be spending the rest of my week...

Painting, and looking at this hunk...

I have to admit... the hunk gets me through it.. and the vision of a finished basement too.

But, the painting? Yeah, that sucks...

I'd say in 2 1/2 hours last night we got a quarter of the basement done... it went by fast, and my hands and shoulders were definitely feeling it by the end. But, I'm not one to complain.....that much.

Of course Ryan, being the best husband kept complimenting me on my painting, and was telling me I was doing such a good job... maybe he was afraid I'd give up and leave it all to him.

I would never do that (although, I did think of it.)...this is as much of a dream/vision of mine as it is his, and it feels good to be working on our home, together.

So, if I don't write much this week.. it's probably because this is all my life is consisting of these next couple days... which writing about painting everyday could get boring.

We were having a good time while we painted.. we made sure to bring an iPod player and were singing and dancing while we threw the paint on... so it's not all that bad =)

But, I'll definitely be happy when its over...

 

2 comments:

  1. It will be SO worth it in the end! We just got done all of our painting and big projects so we wouldn't have to pay a professional. It's hard work and stressful, but it will pay off and you'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is what I keep telling myself! We are saving ourselves a boat load of money!! =)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I will be sure to respond to your comment as soon as I can.. thanks for reading!