Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Did I really just sign up for my first 5k?

Yes, you read that title right.. I signed up for a 5k.

You may not be gasping, but I am.

I have never, let me repeat, never been any sort of runner. Even in my most fit days of my life was I not a runner of any sort. Short distance? Yep, I could do those just fine, and was even sort of speedy.. (sort of)... but long distance running? Kill me now.

After having Kayden, I felt great.. I had lost 20 pounds out of the hospital.. and then gained some back.. and then realized.. I still have so much more weight to lose that I needed to do something.

So while in the midst of discussing my plan to my best friend.. we got the bright idea to do a 5k. She's also been working out and trying to get into shape too. Just two moms here that are dreaming of better, skinnier days ahead.

We grew up together doing sports, and spent many of many nights and weekends together working out. So.. we're not new to each others strengths and weaknesses. We know each other works, what we can and can't do.. and we're pushing each other to go further.

That's when you know you've truly got a best friend there. They aren't competing with you, they aren't trying to be better.. they're trying to help you too. They're there for you, and they're there when you send them a snap chat saying... I hate dieting - and they know exactly how you feel. They are right beside you through the whole journey, and you can talk to them about every fail and slip up you've done, and then you can also laugh at each other when you just know you are being so ridiculous in this journey to become better fit people. If you can't laugh with your friends, and you can't be honest with them... then what are they there for?

So.. Ive got 2 months to train, to lose some more of this weight that I have been struggling to lose for years. Goodbye sugars and carbs.. I will miss you so.

I really am trying to not just diet.. but change my lifestyle. Be healthier, eat cleaner, workout and stay in shape. I want to set an example for Kayden - and luckily my husband is on board. Although, he can just about eat anything his heart desires, because I gain it for him.

We signed up for the almighty Color Run. So, we're getting all decked out and going to KICK this Color Run's royal butt.

For my first run, I'll be happy to walk half and jog half. I aint about to try and kill myself, but this sure has helped some motivation. If I'm going to pay $40 to run (I could so use that on much better things) then damn, Im going to work for it.

Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I will be sure to respond to your comment as soon as I can.. thanks for reading!